7 Things to do Before Getting Pregnant
If you’re thinking about having a baby, there are things you can start doing now to prepare for the future. Give yourself some peace of mind with the following tips, whether they serve as good reminders for you or as new helpful hints.
- 1. Eliminate any bad health or dietary habits (smoking, heavy drinking, diets high in sodium or sugar), and begin prenatal vitamins or multivitamins.
- 2. Create a family health history, including any genetic or chromosomal disorders.
- 3. Talk to your insurance company about coverage for local doctors and hospitals.
- 4. Steer clear of harmful chemicals hidden in your beauty supplies or household cleaners.
- 5. Try to accomplish large or time-sensitive projects, such as home improvements or moving.
- 6. Transition to a new career (if you are considering a move) and get acclimated to your new role before maternity leave.
- 7. Learn about the benefits of umbilical cord blood banking and consider it for your delivery.